We are Reading
World Book Day saw the launch of Lancashire’s year of reading. As a school, we have signed up to the ‘We are Reading’ campaign and will continue to promote reading throughout the year.
During the year of reading, we are committed to:
- Becoming a reading school.
- Seeking out every opportunity to improve standards in reading within our school.
- Encouraging reading for pleasure.
- Enabling children to read in depth in a wide range of subjects, deepening their knowledge and understanding across the curriculum.
- Working with other schools, our local library and other partners to promote reading as a life-long skill.
The campaign is aimed at all-ages, from babies to grandparents, to encourage reading for pleasure and to improve standards in reading across the curriculum. Further details will follow but for now GET READING.