Summary of OFSTED report November 2014
This is a GOOD school.
- Outstanding leadership and management by the headteacher have been the key factors in the school’s improvement.
- Pupils make good progress from their starting points. Standards of attainment in reading, writing and mathematics are above national averages by the end of Key Stage 2.
- Children in the early years make good progress.
- Pupils who receive extra support through additional government funding achieve as well as other pupils.
- Improvements in the quality of teaching have led to teaching now being of a good quality with some that is outstanding.
- Pupils are polite, kind, friendly and behaviour is good. They say they feel very safe in school.
- Senior and middle leaders carry out their responsibilities very well.
- There is a good level of expertise on the governing body and governors rigorously hold the school to account.